Ceph Ansible first release
Ceph Ansible started as a personnal project, the reason was simple I wanted to have an in-depth look at Ansible. Thus I immediatly thought, why not try to deploy Ceph with Ansible. Moreover, I have never been a huge of Puppet and ceph-deploy was a couple of months old, so to me Ansible was the right answer.
After almost 2 years of developement (first commit), I am glad to annonce that ceph-ansible will now a release cycle process. With the help of git tags, we will be providing point in time releases with new features.
From the past 2 years, ceph-ansible has seen some good contributions.
Now, let me give you some news about ceph-ansible latest capabilities:
- CI to test each pull request
- Roles available on Ansible Galaxy and part of the Ceph organization
- Support for all the Ceph releases
- Support for RHEL and RHCS
- Support for Ansible v2
- Improve package upgrade logic for rolling update
- Support for
- Support for
- Support for more templating options (use variables to populate the
- Scan network ports to avoid firewalling issues
And many more!
Since Ansible has an option to run
cowsay and since I like the cartoon “Cow and Chicken“ I’ve been thinking of using characters names for the releases :).
Thus the first one is named “Chicken“.
There are not so much characters (apparently 20), so this won’t last long.
As a personnal project, I really see this as an achievement so I’d like to thank everyone for their support! You can check out the release on Github.