The new Ceph container demo is super dope!
I have been recently working on refactoring our Ceph container images.
We used to have two separate images for
Recently, for Luminous, I decided to merge the demo container into daemon.
It makes everything easier, code is in a single place, we only have a single image to test with the CI and users have a single image to play with.
As reminder, this is what the container can do for you:
- Bootstrap a single Ceph monitor
- Bootstrap a single Ceph OSD with Bluestore (running on a filesystem)
- Bootstrap a single MDS server
- Bootstrap a RGW instance with optionally a user and the ability to interact with
- Bootstrap a rbd-mirror daemon
- Bootstrap a ceph-mgr daemon with its dashboard
This is how to run it:
docker run -d \
Obviously adapt both
CEPH_PUBLIC_NETWORK with your host specificity.
It’s handy to bindmount both
/etc/ceph so the container can survive a restart.
Output example on my test system:
$ sudo ceph -s
Obviously, this container enables the new dashboard manager:
Enjoy this nice preview on Luminous, the current image from the Docker Hub is build on the first Luminous RC.